Johnson building, first floor
New and Novel is the spot in the Central Library in Copley Square to:
- Browse the Boston Public Library’s collection of new fiction and nonfiction books
- Read a current newspaper or magazine
- Get ‘Lucky’ by checking out a title from the BPL’s Lucky Day Collection, our curated collection of popular and bestselling titles available for immediate checkout
- Chat with a librarian for reading recommendations
- Ask for help with accessing the BPL’s downloadable and streaming eBook, eAudiobook, and music and video collections.
If you are unable to visit New and Novel in person, you can still request a personalized reading list from one of the BPL’s reader services librarians online at: www.bpl.org/shelf-service.