Central Library: Delivery Desk
McKim Building, Second Floor
To request In-Library Use Only materials, please visit the Delivery Desk on the 2nd floor of the McKim Building. See map. You may also call ahead to request a title, or request online.
The location of the item will affect the time from request to retrieval. Items will have one of two locations listed in the catalog:
- BPL – Central Delivery Desk
- These items are on-site and readily available.
- They can be requested up to 30 minutes before closing time.
- Requests may take up to 30 minutes for staff to process and retrieve.
- If requesting in person, you will need to fill out a retrieval slip and give it to the desk staff.
- BPL – Archival Center
- These items are off-site.
- Requests will be fulfilled within 10 days.
- You will receive an email when the item is available.
To make a request at the desk or over the phone, please have:
- Your Boston Public Library card – if you do not have a card, staff at the Delivery Desk can help you register for one.
- The title and call number of the item(s) you want.